Curtains  

Posted in ,

It's funny how the end of one thing can really be just that - the end of something. I tend to read into things too deeply that I often overlook the obvious. I keep trying to read between the lines even when there are no encrypted clues or non-verbal subliminal messages being thrown at me. I suppose it comes from being half-human and half-paranoid. I know it's been a long time coming, but at the same time I always knew the end was staring me right in the face. Maybe sometimes, "no" really does mean "no".

Going back to the purpose of this post, I am unceremoniously ending a six-month obsession and I am startled by the subtlety of it all. I mean, no fireworks, no melodramatic music, no action-filled fight scenes. It just ends here. It's not that it deserves all the attention, oh no. I hate being in the spotlight. I'm just suddenly left with this empty feeling, just like an over-used cliche.

I feel like a writer with nothing to write about.

All that waiting, and the only thing I got to show for myself is my propensity for being extremely patient. I guess it was fun while it lasted, whatever it was. But I have to move forward now. From this day forward, I vow never to stare at her when she's smiling, never to think about her all day. But who am I kidding. Its time to drop the curtains and walk away from the stage, its over folks.

2 comments

i have something to confess. do you remember asking me to drink last night and i said i can't? well, i got dead drunk, albeit unintentionally at that. sorry.

but this post, this post deserves some beer bottle sharing. let's do it next week.

i am still not convinced though that it's over now. just as a blog is possibly created to refute one's thoughts that he wrote some time back, i am hoping this certainty will be rebutted in some uncertain future time.

Wow man, thanks for the optimism. I do hope you're right. Looking forward to that future rebuttal! Cheers!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

The Author

Pedestrians

Feed The Writer

Formspring Me

Tweet Me

NetworkedBlogs

Followers

Manila

Follow by Email

Recent Comments

Stop Plagiarism

Creative Commons License
Stories from the Simian Crease by Binchee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Philippines License.
Based on a work at binchee.blogspot.com