The War Within  

Posted in , , , , , , ,

What now?

I am among the many of us who live a life of indecision . If life was a glass of water, some would see that it was half-filled while some would think of it as half-empty. I'd see it as just a plain old glass of water. I straddle the fence, I shilly-shally, and I keep delaying the inevitable. I keep denying the impending. I refuse to accept that I have to make something of my life, and soon.

Whether my life will be half-empty or half-full, I do not know yet.

As a believer of science I have made it a habit to observe keenly and study my options before making any conclusions. Facts don't lie, I say. Then again, as a believer in God I accept that sometimes you just simply have to take a leap of faith.

I'm just having a hard time making that leap right now.

Until then, I wallow in the pits of uncertainty. I struggle to live a borrowed existence pretending that it's mine. What I make of it is undetermined. What happens next is a surprise.

The battle rages on inside my head. This war has been going on for ages, and neither side has gained a clear advantage. It's sense versus desire, religion versus science, good versus evil; and this accursed pay-per-view has already had so many reruns in my day.

I just hope that when things start making sense around here I'd still be able to breathe.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

The Author

Pedestrians

Feed The Writer

Formspring Me

Tweet Me

NetworkedBlogs

Followers

Manila

Follow by Email

Recent Comments

Stop Plagiarism

Creative Commons License
Stories from the Simian Crease by Binchee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Philippines License.
Based on a work at binchee.blogspot.com